Teenager’s Tragic Demise from Anaphylactic Shock at McDonald’s in UK

Coroner Lydia Brown described the loss of life of 19-year-old cellist Alexander Ngai-Jun Wu whereas on on tour in Germany, as ‘essentially the most terrible, unlucky incident’ (Image: REX/Getty)

A prime younger cellist died after consuming a burger on tour in Germany which lead them to enter anaphylactic shock.

Alexander Ngai-Jun Wu, 19, died in August final 12 months after he suffered from a number of extreme allergy symptoms, particularly to exploit merchandise. 

He went into shock after ‘mingling’ components at a McDonald’s restaurant in Cologne, western Germany, whereas on tour with fellow members of the Ealing Youth Orchestra. 

Coroner Lydia Brown advised West London Coroner’s Court docket how the ‘excellent musician’ instantly injected himself together with his epipen after reacting to the combination of meals, which she stated had been a part of a ‘team-building train’.

Regardless of the efforts of paramedics Alex died in hospital every week later. 

Ms Brown stated throughout the inquest there’d been no proof of reckless behaviour resulting in Alex’s loss of life.

She added there have been additionally no grounds to criticise the restaurant over its provision of allergen data. 

Ms Brown stated: ‘What’s tragically obvious is that throughout the course of that lunchtime, he mingled collectively a number of meals merchandise from McDonald’s.

‘Some contained dairy meals merchandise.

Mandatory Credit: Photo by Jakub Porzycki/NurPhoto/Shutterstock (13985310k) Big Mac is seen on a restaurant table in this illustration photo taken in Krakow, Poland on June 25, 2023. Starbucks Coffee And McDonald's In Poland, Krakow - 25 Jun 2023

Alex died after mixing components for a burger on the quick meals outlet final August (Image: Jakub Porzycki/NurPhoto/Shutterstock)

‘I see it as essentially the most terrible, unlucky incident that occurred not as a result of anybody’s carelessness, however merely as a consequence of an motion that went so terribly and unexpectedly incorrect.’

She added: ‘I hope his life may be remembered in happier instances. That is an insufferable loss.’

Based on a web-based tribute to Alex from household and buddies, the younger man had chosen to register as an organ donor. 

His loss of life allowed 5 lives to be saved, in addition to restoring eyesight for 2 different folks. 

The tribute learn: ‘Alex, or Jun, wholeheartedly embraced life with super vitality, spreading happiness by means of his music, his character and his humour. He was beneficiant to his buddies, household and strangers.

‘Alex managed his well being challenges with nice maturity and quietness. Regardless of the constraints these positioned on him, he nonetheless maintained a buoyant and optimistic perspective.’

Cologne

The younger and proficient cellist was on tour with Ealing Youth Orchestra in Cologne on the time (Image: Getty Photos)

Ealing Youth Orchestra additionally stated Alex’s fellow musicians had been ‘devasted’ by his sudden loss of life. 

A spokesperson for the orchestra stated: ‘Alex was an impressive musician and had loved many earlier excursions with us.

‘The EYO household has been devastated by this tragedy and we proceed to assist Alex’s household and the orchestra and tour employees as we come to phrases with this.’

Get in contact with our information crew by emailing us at [email protected].

For extra tales like this, examine our information web page.


Posted

in

by